Optimizing a blog is just like optimizing a website, and optimizing a blog post is just like optimizing a web page. If you follow some simple rules for search engine optimization, your blog can rank much higher than static website pages in the search engine results pages.
Rules to follow to get your posts listed for keywords of your choice
* Use your primary keyword in your blog domain
* Use your primary key phrase in your blog header tags and the title of your posts.
* Use your secondary keywords in the body of your post
* Use your keywords in the anchor text of links
* Make sure search engines can spider your blog easily
* Get backlinks from other blogs or websites
* Update frequently
* Try to stick to the same domain and blog host or system for as long as you continue to publish.